Earlier today, Team17 announced it will be working with Polish game dev creative house, Covenant.dev, led by former Witcher 3 producer Stan Just, to bring its single-player dark fantasy strategy game, Gord, to PC.
In Gord, players will lead a group called the Tribe of the Dawn as they try to establish new settlements and explore forbidden lands. To survive the horrific creatures and deities, inspired by Slavic folklore, you’ll have to earn supplies via quests in order to build and fortify settlements that’ll protect you from invaders.
You can check out the official teaser trailer “The Prayer” below:
Key features for Gord are listed below:
- Dark Fantasy Strategy: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy, real-time strategy campaign
- Build and Survive: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
- Unique Sanity System: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have devastating impact on their lives and well-being
- Hand-crafted Quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
- Unleash Powerful Incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells to tip combat in your favour
- Custom Scenarios with Procedurally Generated Levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customize your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather!
At the moment, Team17 has provided a tentative release window of 2022 for the game. For more information on Gord, check out its official steam page.
The post Team17 Picks Up Polish Dark Fantasy Strategy Title Gord appeared first on Twinfinite.